Emotion kayaks

bradtex

Emotion kayaks

Post by bradtex »

Anyone know of the fisherman model from Emotion Kayak. It's supposed to be designed exclusively for fishing. I don't know much about it, but hear a lot of talk. http://www.emotionkayaks.com/HTML/Kayaks/Fisherman.htm
cyberyakker
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by cyberyakker »

I've been looking at it, but there are no dealers anywhere near Texas. I would be leery of buying something I have not test paddled.

look here for discussion

<A HREF="http://kfs.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=cfrm&s=418607442">kayak forum link</A>.
Joe

Post by Joe »

From it's profile, it looks alot like a Tarpon 120 but in a 14' length. With lots of people asking WS to build a Tarpon 140, maybe Emotion has beaten WS to the punch with it's Fisherman model. The Fisherman does look awesome and it has to be very stable with a 34" beam. The rear tankwell caught my attention. There is one item on the Fisherman I don't like and that is it's hatches. I prefer the Cobra type of hatches because you can take the top hatch lids off of a Cobra. Not so with Emotion hatches. I saw the prototype pictures of the installed hatches on the Fisherman and the hatch lids swing up, bit are not removable. At least that's how it looks. The tankwell on the Fisherman is long too. With a couple of hatches, bow and the large one in front of the seat, I bet the Fisherman would be pushing close to 67 pounds in total weight. Something to think about it unless one has a small kayak trailer like Mercy's.
TexasGringo
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by TexasGringo »

I emailed the CEO of Emotion Kayaks and he told me they don't have any dealers in Texas yet, but would very soon. He also said he hired a well known rep who used to work for WS and one who worked for Ocean, among others of course. Seems like they got their stuff together so far.