For Bigrock

Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

For Bigrock

Post by Aggroman »

I'm down in one of our favorite areas this weekend for the Big Bend Livestock Show and thought i'd share a few photos. I'm in Alpine, but drove towards Marfa, Ft Davis, and south towards Terlingua about 30 miles. I'm pretty sure one of the mountains asked where you been Bigrock.

Here's a few from yesterday and today between me shooting all the goats, lambs, steers, and piggys.

I stopped by the Marfa Lights Viewing area. I saw a huge one and stared at it for a while. Then realized it was the sun. :D

A couple from yesterday. I only had about an hour, so it was a quick trip south.

Cathedral Mountain.

Hope one of these gave you inspiration to start planning a trip Terry. :D

Scott
texnomad
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: For Bigrock

Post by texnomad »

I am headed that way about Feb. 1. Really looking forward to a month out there.
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Aggroman »

texnomad wrote:I am headed that way about Feb. 1. Really looking forward to a month out there.
And i'll be keeping up with all your adventures. It's still a bit chilly with the wind howling today. We had a cloud pass over and sprinkle us with a few snowflakes. It was 50 degrees at the time and it was sunny everywhere but that cloud. We all just looked at each other very confused. :lol: But it's looking nice towards Bibe. I don't even have to say "take lots of photos" to you. :lol:
texnomad
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by texnomad »

Nope. I try to always have my camera ready for action. When culling down to five for the blog from fifty or so is the trouble, I know I have done well.
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Aggroman »

texnomad wrote:Nope. I try to always have my camera ready for action. When culling down to five for the blog from fifty or so is the trouble, I know I have done well.
:lol: Yep, I think I shot about 120 frames today and part of yesterday. I got 6 or 7 that worked for me. :lol: When I was working for the newspaper, and before we went fully digital, I could go through 6-7 rolls of film on an assignment easy. I was the first one in the city (besides the base) that had a full DSLR. It cost $12,000. :shock: I think it was maybe 4 or 5 megapixel. It was awesome at the time.

(for the youngsters...cameras used to use a thing called film and it...oh nevermind.) :lol:
Bigrock
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Post by Bigrock »

Great pics Scott. The bride and I actually drove past the Marfa Lights viewing area on New Years Eve of the millennium...and we saw the lights!!! What was even weirder was watching Joe King Carrasco bring in the new year at Railroad Blues. :clap:

The pics sure have me thinking......maybe kayaks down Mariscal?