Any fishing reports?

Piscator
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Any fishing reports?

Post by Piscator »

i am going fishing in the morning and trying to decide where to go. Have not been sine October. Keith Lake or Clam Lake are all I believe will not be washed out or high water.
FishingSETX
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Any fishing reports?

Post by FishingSETX »

Havent been in the yak since then either. My suggestion would be the surf anywhere from pensacola to maimi. Might also try somewhere over in Baja.

I heard a rumor they were catching crappie around stewts island!
Piscator
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Piscator »

Well, I need some break in time on the new motor. I may explore the whole Keith Lake chain and Salt Bayou.
jackinayak

Post by jackinayak »

The weather and the fishing show :lol: kept me off the water last weekend but two weeks ago I fished TB.This was AFTER the big flooding rains. Water was high in the grass but there was plenty of bait moving and I caught a couple hefty upper slot reds. Make sure and take your paddle with you in that new rig. I cringe to think of being waaayy back in there with a new untried/unproven motor. I'm going to launch at 8th Street and Quinn in the morning and fish Mud Lake and the upper branch of the bayou. My motor is well broken in but it sometimes feels a little under-powered especially in my wife's ATAK that I will be borrowing tomorrow. I will be sure and post a report.
Piscator
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Piscator »

I bought an emergency paddle today, I have a trolling motor, and a push pole. Hopefully, I will find some fishing before I get too far.

I am looking forward to fishing Clam Lake in April and May to listen to the bull alligators bellow.
MulletMaster08

Post by MulletMaster08 »

How did the boat run?
Piscator
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Piscator »

Boat ran good. Only put 30 to 40 minutes on the motor in Keith Lake because I had to fish. Ran fast enough at 1/2 throttle. At this rate I will have it broken in and up to full throttle by July. Need to figure out some organization of things.

Stability is similar to a 14ft jon boat with a front deck.

The back lakes and marshes of the Keith Lake area are going to be awesome. I did catch two keeper flounder and broke off on two hook sets. The water was not clear, but much better than the fish pass and Keith Lake. When the winds die some and the water clears up, I will need someone to stand on the bow while I pole around.
fishman2006

Post by fishman2006 »

Piscator wrote:When the winds die some and the water clears up, I will need someone to stand on the bow while I pole around.
I'll volunteer for that :D
MulletMaster08

Post by MulletMaster08 »

Yea I second that! Don't ever go by yourself, I got a pocket full of gas money and may know a few spots