Steinhagen experience anyone?

Pusher

Steinhagen experience anyone?

Post by Pusher »

I'm looking to get out of the house a few hours without a lot of fuss. Anyone have knowledge of Steinhagen? Bass or crappie, bait or fly fishing is fine. I had hoped for this weekend,but it's looking more like next week.
FishingSETX
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Steinhagen experience anyone?

Post by FishingSETX »

Steinhagen can be excelent. If I were going to kayak it, Id launch at the launch right before the bridge and fish the little pond area there. Lots of vegatation. If that didnt produce, you can always paddle out to the main lake and fish the banks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Piscator
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Piscator »

I have always wanted to launch at Walnut Ridge and paddle north and get in the backwater and sloughs. I think much of that is covered in lily pads.

I had a number of good spots 30 years ago. Several are silted in now and the pond Chris mentioned was one of them.
Pusher

Post by Pusher »

All this water might prove helpful. Vegetation has always required extra effort. Poppers will probably deliver sunfish, but they're a hoot on a 2-3 wt. Bass may be recovering from the spawn and I might get an aggravation strike if I can irritate them enough. I'll give it early morning effort.
Thanks for your input.
Kirk B.

Post by Kirk B. »

Fished Walnut Ridge last weekend and caught 5 over the whole 4 day weekend. I probably would have done better if I had remembered my fly rods.
Full moon and all, it should have been a spawning weekend. I couldn't find them.
With that being said, I will be going back. Soon. It's a beautiful park, and an easy paddle.

Kirk B.
acm2117

Post by acm2117 »

I like campers cove? On the south west side.