If you were fishing Thursday

Piscator
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

If you were fishing Thursday

Post by Piscator »

Finally getting to go. Looks like Thursday will be the only nice day for the next 10 or 12 days.
If you were fishing Thursday where would you go in the Sabine area? My last few trips have not been all that good. I have mainly been in Kieth Lake and Bessie Heights. Thounght about the North Revetment.

Not many reports from the group lately. I know some including me were hunting. That has been so good either.
Wag

Re: If you were fishing Thursday

Post by Wag »

So happy to see a post from this group.....landlocked in Austin....if I could go, I would fish Lighthouse Cove for flounder and if necessary the deeper channel for redfish or drum. So wish I could be there.
Piscator
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Piscator »

Ship channel was a thought for flounder. I heard the Golden Pass harbor may hold a few. Lot of rocks for bait and soaking up some sunshine. Trout hang in there also. My LA license has expired.
bing

Post by bing »

gsu canal intake or out fall.
this post will self destruct in 30 secs
Piscator
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Piscator »

Friday morning I may fish around Bessie Heights.
MulletMaster08

Post by MulletMaster08 »

You do any good?

I have been stuck working 7-12's so I havent been able to fish much, found a few trout around coffee ground but still no big girls, That is what I am about to hit hard and find soon
dadavis
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by dadavis »

North Levy Road has been really good for trout. I got a couple buddies that have been wade fishing the end and have been catching a lot of solid trout.
Piscator
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Piscator »

We launched at Sabine Pass. Fished the bank north of lauch for flounder. Nothing. Went to TB and fished the Y and down past trees. One speck on shell at cut to Mud Lake. Saw 5 kayakers and they had one flounder. Fished several spots on the way back and nothing. Had a fuel tank issue so used the trolling motor from TB to Sabine Pass. Small boat, good battery. First time in a long time that I had zero bites or nibbles.

The wind was low and probably should have fished the Lake. Talked to other boaters and they had about one fish per boat.

Was thinking of fishing the noirth levee Saturday if the wind was not howling.
TimmyT140

Post by TimmyT140 »

Piscator wrote:Finally getting to go. Looks like Thursday will be the only nice day for the next 10 or 12 days.
If you were fishing Thursday where would you go in the Sabine area? My last few trips have not been all that good. I have mainly been in Kieth Lake and Bessie Heights. Thounght about the North Revetment.

Not many reports from the group lately. I know some including me were hunting. That has been so good either.
Don't bother with the revetment pond. Last three times I've gone there recently I didn't see any signs of redfish at all. Not much bait in there, either. I think I'm gonna switch back to Texas point next time I go.