Painted Canyon 2016

Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Painted Canyon 2016

Post by Aggroman »

Posted in Freshwater...

Thought some of you might like this. This was from August of this year and finally got it done and put out there.

From my blog post...

As 2016 comes to a close, I started looking back at all the great trips and adventures i’ve been able to go on this year. But there are so many unfinished video projects as well. It seems if it takes more than a week…then it will turn into two, then a month, then two months, and so on. That was the case of the Pecos River video from our August trip. Great intentions, but work and family took more of my time than before, and I found it hard to just sit down and focus. I know i’m not the only guy with a camera this happens to, but it is irritating. I had planned on a full narrative with a more short film feel, but couldn’t get it accomplished in a timely manner before the next new project was in the works and it got put on the back burner….again.

So, after much deliberation, I decided to skip the narrative since I already had a 4 part report with a ton of photos from this trip. And the more I thought about it, it would have been a bit redundant to be saying the same things that were in the trip reports. So instead, I decided to just let it speak for itself and let the viewer come along on this visual journey through the wilds of the Lower Pecos River where two father/son teams set out to spend a week going up rapids, battling heat, exploring shelters, and having the time of our lives.

Painted Canyon 2016

https://vimeo.com/189100119" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Scott
texnomad
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: Painted Canyon 2016

Post by texnomad »

Loving it. Referenced it on my blog too. Thanks for producing it.
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Aggroman »

Thanks Barney!
Bigrock
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Post by Bigrock »

Great video of a beautiful area and some cool father/son combos. :D :clap:
tatumedic

Post by tatumedic »

Outstanding! Loved it...

Bruce
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Aggroman »

Thanks!
badcuda

Post by badcuda »

how far up were the paintings and were they on the right or left going up?we have found some but not the ones you show,was the ladder there? we have camped at painted rock several times but usually worn out by then.thanks
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Aggroman »

The one's in the video were about 5 miles up on the left.

Yes, the ladder is still there, a bit sketchy, but usable. We used it at painted to go up and make calls to check weather conditions and call the family. It was that same spot, climbing up to the ladder, that a few months earlier a few buddies got spooked by a mountain lion hollering at them. They never saw it, but it made it's presence known, which was odd. It gets real thick up there though. Needless to say, we used extreme caution and were well armed...like that matters when talking of mountain lions. :lol: