Walk in wade areas near La Porte

thinshavings

Walk in wade areas near La Porte

Post by thinshavings »

I work in La Porte close to Sylvan beach.
Are there any walk in wade areas near La Porte / Shore Acres / Kehma??
1alextorres
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: Pasadena, Texas 77502 and any where my kayaks can go.

Re: Walk in wade areas near La Porte

Post by 1alextorres »

In Kemah off of Toddville Road on the opposite side of the Boardwalk is the only place I know that is excess able to wading the Kemah flats.
jakehardgrave

Post by jakehardgrave »

Todville Rd. is in Seabrook. And your best bet to keep it legal there is to wade in from Pine Gully Park. We have a lot of issues with people coming on private property to wade Todville.
richg99
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by richg99 »

Last time I was there, Pine Gully park had a pretty high entry fee for non-residents.

I remember wading on right where Todville road hits near the channel outlet from Clear Lake.

richg99
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

richg99 wrote: ...I remember wading in right where Todville road hits near the channel outlet from Clear Lake.
richg99
There are now concrete barriers on one side and posts and a rope on the other, respectively preventing or strongly hindering roadside parking along that stretch of the road. It's a shame too. That area where the Seabrook lake or pond (whatever it's called) drains out onto the Seabrook flat typically has good numbers of flounder and trout a lot of the year. Used to be a very dependable place for me when I lived down in Kemah to scratch out 2-3 flounder from shore and a few trout if I waded out into 3-4 feet of water on an outgoing tide.
richg99
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by richg99 »

"There are now concrete barriers on one side and posts and a rope on the other,"

Sheesh...that was a great place. I think I learned what little I know about wade fishing right at that spot, many years ago.

richg99
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

richg99 wrote:"There are now concrete barriers on one side and posts and a rope on the other,"

Sheesh...that was a great place. I think I learned what little I know about wade fishing right at that spot, many years ago.

richg99
One part of it (that is now roped off & posted private property) used to be my "shorebird" spot. Take a lawn chair, a cooler with food and beer, a couple of rod and reels and a mud minnow trap. Catch mud minnows in a little portion of salty marsh (that is still there), put it on a hook and drag the bottom for flounder. Also where I learned that a lot of good flounder spots can have all kinds of debris and hang-ups, on which you will get hung. Lesson learned: use a cheap rig - treble hook direct tied to 14 pound line with a split shot or two for weight - and bring lots of replacements.
TooShallow

Post by TooShallow »

There is legal access along Toddville. Several but not all roads that dead end at the Bay are public. It was set up that way years ago so people would have access to the Bay shore. Check with the city if you are unsure which ones are public. The spot at the end of Toddville that has been roped off is private. It used be my favorite place to launch for a quick afternoon trip in the lagoon. Caught lots of nice flounder and reds in the lagoon. I can't tell you how much trash I picked up in that area before the owners roped it off. What a shame. I'm sure that's why it is roped off.
thinshavings

Post by thinshavings »

looks like El Jardin beach may be a possibility but non Pasadena residents must pay $10.