April Photos

Zackthefisherman

April Photos

Post by Zackthefisherman »

I started off the month with a 20 inch Guadalupe river pig. I caught it on a zoom finesse worm rigged on a shacky head.
uploadfromtaptalk1491183421129.JPG
Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
jhb
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: April Photos

Post by jhb »

Way to go man. I haven't pulled a decent LMB out of the Guadalupe in awhile. I'm having to switch up to some deepwater tactics by Cypress Bend. Finesse jig real slow on the bottom and catching them in more than 8-12 ft of water.

I bet this gal was a fun fight.

I've hammered two decent bass off the bottom in the past week. Literally off the bottom scraping a craw across the bottom. Been painfully slow. I've ended up fishing post-front on my last two days off and it has been apparent.

Hope everyone has a good April, warming up quick and would love to see some more folks on the water.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 3.32.24 PM.png
Texjbq85

Post by Texjbq85 »

While the roast was cooking for Easter dinner at my parents home near Canyon Lake I walked down to the lake to get 30 minutes of fishing in. On 3 separate occasions with a bluegill on the line I was suddenly fighting a much larger fish. The first two times after the bass jumped a couple time it would spit the bluegill and be gone.

The third time something awesome happened. I was pulling in the bluegill and visually got to see the bass come and slam the bluegill near the surface. The fight ensued with the bass doing lot of acrobatics, on one jump as the bass is out of the water it spit the bluegill who went flying up into the air several feet. The split second the gill hit the water the bass crushed it on the surface again and the fight was back on. Lucky for the bluegill and myself the fly somehow got hooked deep in the bass and I was able to land it. Fortunately I was able to get the hook out of it's throat with no bleeding or tearing for a clean release.
jhb
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by jhb »

That's awesome! I've seen bass chase smaller bass and sunfish that are struggling, but have never had this happen!