San Marcos Soil Conservation Sites 5 and 7 access

sotxprowler

San Marcos Soil Conservation Sites 5 and 7 access

Post by sotxprowler »

Does anyone now how to access Soil Conservation Site Reservoirs 5 and 7 near San Marcos?

I recently downloaded the FishBrain app and see posts of people catching all the time in these two location...

I live in Seguin and kayak fish there area and from what I'm seeing on Google Earth there is limited access....

Thank you
Tight Lines
smtxom

Re: San Marcos Soil Conservation Sites 5 and 7 access

Post by smtxom »

sotxprowler wrote:Does anyone now how to access Soil Conservation Site Reservoirs 5 and 7 near San Marcos?

I recently downloaded the FishBrain app and see posts of people catching all the time in these two location...

I live in Seguin and kayak fish there area and from what I'm seeing on Google Earth there is limited access....

Thank you
Tight Lines

The property owner sells leases to fish that tank. I have a friend who used to get a lease there with his brother/cousin and they would all split the cost. The owner has a combination lock on the gate and provides that combo when you pay. I believe it was $250/6months of access. Pretty steep in my opinion. My friend primarily fishes for catfish there and always seems to do well. I fished there twice and there was tons of snakes as the sun set. I don't have a fear of snakes but I wasn't comfortable with the water snakes crawling over my feet as I fished.
sotxprowler

Re: San Marcos Soil Conservation Sites 5 and 7 access

Post by sotxprowler »

Thank you for the info..... that is steep..... I'm not afraid of snakes either as long as they are not crawling on me in the dark.... I have seen lots of posts on FishBrain guess there are lots of people that don't mind paying that to fish.... not me, guess I will just keep doing what I'm doing....
Tight Lines