Bessie Heights tide differential

murraycamp

Bessie Heights tide differential

Post by murraycamp »

Trying to figure out tides in BH.

Is taking the rainbow bridge station data and shifting it back about 1 hour correct?

Thanks in advance!

BTW, I'm planning on fishing BH 6/10 and 6/11. Let me know if anyone wants to go. I haven't fished it before and wouldn't mind some company.
TigerLandSportsman

Re: Bessie Heights tide differential

Post by TigerLandSportsman »

I think weather conditions would have a lot more affect on it since the river is up and down due to rainfall.
murraycamp

Post by murraycamp »

Great point. So, is it reasonably safe to assume that BH is not that influenced by tides (as compared with main lake, ect.)?
TigerLandSportsman

Post by TigerLandSportsman »

murraycamp wrote:Great point. So, is it reasonably safe to assume that BH is not that influenced by tides (as compared with main lake, ect.)?
I have seen some big tide movement in BH. Especially a full moon tide. The current coming out or in the cuts would tend to make more movement since it is funneled through a smaller passage.
Piscator
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Piscator »

An hour behind the Rainbow Bridge is the best estimate based on regular predictions. The levels of high and low will be based on a lot of things. A really strong wind may have it going out still when it should be coming in or the other.

Keith Lake is about the same as Rainbow Bridge.
murraycamp

Post by murraycamp »

Thanks guys. Much obliged for the input.