Newbie here, Dallas region

texastuan

Newbie here, Dallas region

Post by texastuan »

Great forum TKF!
I'm new to freshwater fishing, not new to kayaking. Been a fishing salt waters for most of my life. Now learning how to fish freshwaters. I mostly fish White Rock lake and haven't venture to any other lakes. Would love some company and pointers.
PlanoVan

Re: Newbie here, Dallas region

Post by PlanoVan »

Hi texastuan!

I used to live in uptown Dallas and fished off the docks at White Rock a ton. I'm new to kayak fishing as well and have been going to Lake Lavon (as I've since moved to Plano) and find it very easy to get on the water and not crowded at all. For about the past month I have launched at Highland Park ramp.

Best of luck!
texastuan

Post by texastuan »

Thanks PlanoVan!

WRL gets very crowded during the weekend and challenging trying to find a parking for my car+trailer.
I recently discovered a spot but haven't tried it....Paddle Point park, Lake Ray Hubbard.
dfwvol

Post by dfwvol »

If you don't mind driving a bit, there are a couple of really good small lakes for bass and crappie north of Bonham, TX. I live in Melissa, and it is about 45min for me to drive. These are relatively small lakes with not too much pressure. Coffee Mill Lake and Crockett Lake.