New to Corpus Christi/Padre Island

Lock

New to Corpus Christi/Padre Island

Post by Lock »

What’s up guys! Recently moved to Padre Island and wondering if there is a meet up section to this website. I’m currently trying to learn the area and get on some fish but sure would love some company and local knowledge. If anyone is down with meeting up and fishing as a group please let me know. Gets lonely by yourself! My name is Ryan.
Tombo

Re: New to Corpus Christi/Padre Island

Post by Tombo »

Welcome Ryan, this post is a good start to learning Corpus.
What kind of fishing are you looking for? Tell us what kind of equipment you have?
Lock

Post by Lock »

What's up Tombo,

Mostly plan on inshore fishing but would love to hit some offshore rigs if I have company. I am in the Coast Guard so every four years I am learning a new area and species to fish. Have not done too much fishing for reds so really excited for the next couple years. I see people kayak fishing everywhere down here so mostly looking for meet up forums or postings to get to know some other fisherman out here. Think I am heading to bird island boat ramp tomorrow am and then meet the family for kite festival. Currently fishing out of lime green Ocean Kayak Big Game Prowler. See what happens. Thanks for the reply.
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

Bird Island is a great area this time of the year. I've caught nice trout both north and south of the ramp/Wind Surfer's Shack.

Are you fishing with bait or artificials?
CowboyFan
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by CowboyFan »

I will be relocating to Corpus in about 6 weeks or so. I can not wait to get back into kayak fishing and coastal fishing in general. It would be cool to have a meet up fishing session once I get the move done and am all settled in. Cheers!
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

there's also a good Corpus fishing forum - http://www.corpusfishing.com/messageboa ... /index.php