Cali Cat Yakkers 14 JUL 2018 Fishing Report

Remus

Cali Cat Yakkers 14 JUL 2018 Fishing Report

Post by Remus »

Cali Cat Yakker Report 14 JUL 2018,

What a nice morning at the lake, plenty of live bait. I made it to the 181 cove around 0700 and caught a nice 27 inch/7lbs Redfish on live tilapia. Shortly after that I caught my first Channel catfish weighing about 5 lbs on Tilapia head. Shortly after that Yakdat showed and he started catching Cats using chicken liver which was the preferred bait by the cats. I did not get another bite until 1100 using Tilapia head . Yakdat was on fire using chicken liver. I left at 1300 after catching 5 cats with my biggest fish weighing 7.5lbs. Yakdat stayed behind and he had already scored 14 Cats when I returned to the kayak launch. All catfish weighed over 4lbs. He will report his final number.
BTW- We were joined by fellow Cali Cat Yakker Wisocrazy- Good to finally meet you brother.
Please view a video of our day on the water at
https://vimeo.com/280116452
See you next Saturday
Remus
Attachments
P7141315.JPG
P7141305.JPG
IMG_20180714_073247.jpg
wisocrazy

Re: Cali Cat Yakkers 14 JUL 2018 Fishing Report

Post by wisocrazy »

Great seeing you on the water. And nice to be nominated for Cali Cat Yakker member status. :dance: Guess I'll have to step my game up before I get kicked from the group. :shock:

Yakdat, I would've introduced but didn't want my skunk messing up your rhythm. You had them girls dialed in. I'm sure I'll see you out there again.
Jimbo_47
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Jimbo_47 »

wisocrazy wrote:Great seeing you on the water. And nice to be nominated for Cali Cat Yakker member status. :dance: Guess I'll have to step my game up before I get kicked from the group. :shock:

Yakdat, I would've introduced but didn't want my skunk messing up your rhythm. You had them girls dialed in. I'm sure I'll see you out there again.
I've always been under the impression that you couldn't actually qualify as a Cali Cat Yakker until you could hang with one of the original members, under 100+ degree sun, and not call it off without a limit, or at least until one of the original members did.
I came close, but had to tap out when Rick outlasted me on that scorching hot, water like glass afternoon, and I left him alone. :oops:
I had my chance, but failed the test, so I never considered myself worthy of being an actual qualified, tested under fire member. :(
Remus

Post by Remus »

Jimbo I think that you are correct. I fished with RickR many Saturdays and always left before him. Only Yakdat could hang in there with RickR under the punishing Texas summer sun.
I also do not qualify, I borrowed the name to keep the tradition alive since most of the original members don't fish in Calaveras anymore. By the way I'm planning to go fishing
Saturday.
Remus
wisocrazy

Post by wisocrazy »

And just like that.... D'oh! Back to prospect. Those OG Cali Cat Yakkers were quite the bunch. I remember Rick keeping tally for the bunch between pulling in his limit. Could never keep up with em though. Fish catching machines there.

Remus - I'm planning to be out there Saturday morning looking for a nice pull. Been too long since I had some fresh caught catfish fillets. Running low on the white bass and gave the rainbows I caught back in January to my kinfolk. They never had em but sure did love eating them.
Remus

Post by Remus »

Is going to be a good day. Hopefully a few more will join us.
Jimbo_47
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Jimbo_47 »

No, Harry (Remus) is correct in that he is the only one who has kept the Cali Cat Yakers name alive. If it wasn't for him giving reports the legend would have died long ago as original members kind of rode off into the sunset to seek other ventures.
I think Rick had the patience to wait for chrome to peel off a bumper.
I used to get a kick out of him keeping a tally on who caught what with his white board, and how he always tried to stay upwind of me because I was always using Big Marv's.
As a side note I learned that Big Marv had some health issues and stopped production for a while, and that the business was up for sale.
I just hope whoever buys it will continue with the same mojo for years to come. :cry:
Remus

Post by Remus »

Big Marv stink bait...nasty but effective.
Remus

Post by Remus »

What happened Jimbo47?
Jimbo_47
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Jimbo_47 »

Last edited by Jimbo_47 on Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jimbo_47
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Jimbo_47 »

Remus wrote:What happened Jimbo47?
I read on another forum where he (Big Marv) posted that he had some type of eye surgery, and that the company was up for sale, but he didn't go into detail other than he was shut down on production for a while, and he could be back up, I don't know other than what he posted.
It takes a special person to make stink bait, something not many people are willing to do. I guess if you can make a living or supplement your income, you can convince yourself that the smell is that of money, which makes it easier to take. :wink:
Remus

Post by Remus »

Jimbo,

You are that special kind of man.

Harry
Jimbo_47
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Jimbo_47 »

Thank you Harry for those kind words, and likewise to you my friend. :clap: