CALI CAT YAKKERS FISHING REPORT 3 SEP 2018 (Labor Day)

Remus

CALI CAT YAKKERS FISHING REPORT 3 SEP 2018 (Labor Day)

Post by Remus »

Greetings. Had a slow day at the lake fishing the 181 cove with only one 24 inch Redfish and two (4 and 5lbs Channel Catfish) caught in the morning. All three fish were caught using live Tilapia. Chicken liver and Big Marv drew zero interest. I imagine the weather played a roll since the sky was overcast and the rain was approaching.
Remus
Attachments
P9031161.JPG
P9031160.JPG
P9031164.JPG
wisocrazy

Re: CALI CAT YAKKERS FISHING REPORT 3 SEP 2018 (Labor Day)

Post by wisocrazy »

Way to go Remus!!

I had similar results Saturday morning fishing along the damn near the buoys. Caught my 2nd red on the kayak at 31" and 11 pounds and a few channel cats in the 10-14" range. Red was on live tilapia and cats were on cut tilapia. They didn't want the heads or tails, but the bellies did the trick.

Looking forward to seeing you on the water again. Tight lines ...
Remus

Re: CALI CAT YAKKERS FISHING REPORT 3 SEP 2018 (Labor Day)

Post by Remus »

That was a big Red you caught. I may have to have to skip this weekend due to prior commitments. I'm going to use the bellies of tilapias as bait to see if I get more bites. It used to be that Shad heads and then Tilapias heads were the preferred channel catfish baits but lately I've been catching a few cats on live tilapia. I'll let you know if I get any good results. Hope to see you and the rest of the group sometime before the end of this season.
Remus