Area to fish for newer fisherman even newer kayaker near Port Neches

DugasM

Area to fish for newer fisherman even newer kayaker near Port Neches

Post by DugasM »

Looking for areas near Port Neches to gain experience both fishing and kayaking. Purchased some new gear to rig up my pescador sport 10 to make it more enjoyable to use. Got it free from a friend who upgraded. Been on the water in Keiths Lake and it was terrible. Didn't have a proper anchor system nor did I have an adequate paddle. Those solutions are on the way. Thinking about trying off Sara Jane Road near Associated Marine Services. Looks easy to launch and the water isn't too big for me to shake out my new setup. Any insight, tips, advice, guide would be greatly appreciated. Thinking about going during the week next week if we get a break from the rain. Thanks in advanced.
Duby
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Area to fish for newer fisherman even newer kayaker near Port Neches

Post by Duby »

DugasM Sara Jane Is where I started out with my first kayak great place fish caught some
good flounder there and red fish. When you get to the Neches watch the draw of water from when the tankers pass.
I use to like fishing it on a out going tide but have done some good at high tide. I never cross the river to
get to GSU cannel but it can be done just watch the river traffic.
DugasM

Post by DugasM »

Man!!!! Thank you too much! You have no idea how much I appreciate the information.
DugasM

Post by DugasM »

Duby wrote:DugasM Sara Jane Is where I started out with my first kayak great place fish caught some
good flounder there and red fish. When you get to the Neches watch the draw of water from when the tankers pass.
I use to like fishing it on a out going tide but have done some good at high tide. I never cross the river to
get to GSU cannel but it can be done just watch the river traffic.
So I tried this area twice so far. I paddled half way down the canal where it opened up to a marsh area with different cuts. All kinds of red fish tailing and bait. Caught a good size flounder there. Thanks for the info. This will be my go to spot until I gain more confidence in my boat or upgrade.
Duby
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Duby »

DugasM sorry for the late reply a few med problems. Glad to hear you caught some flounder hope it was a keeper.
There is a canal right ciose to the Neches that I use to fish but be sure to watch the draw and swell of the tankers and barges.
They can pull enough water out to dry dock you than the water is RUHING back in.

good luck tight lie