Spacex Boca Chica

bbquman

Spacex Boca Chica

Post by bbquman »

i see from press releases that Spacex has a rocketship.
Curious if any of you yakkers down south have seen this.
testing per Musk is Feb./March.
TexasJim

Re: Spacex Boca Chica

Post by TexasJim »

SpaceX has an engine test facility west of Waco. They light up the country-side at night now and then.

I looked at the Boca Chica area on Google Maps, and it looks like you could go to Isla Blanca Park on South Padre Island and get a serious skin burn during a launch. The launch site's just across the jetties from the park. In Florida, you can't get within many miles of the Cape. I might have to take a 2-hour drive down to observe one of those launches.

Wow! Kayak fish and watch a space rocket launch on the same day. Wonder how they got to build a facility like that next to a wildlife preserve/habitat? Twenty miles north of there, you can't even drive on the park roads, because a couple of ocelots were run over!

TexasJim
Crusader

Re: Spacex Boca Chica

Post by Crusader »

TexasJim wrote: Wonder how they got to build a facility like that next to a wildlife preserve/habitat? Twenty miles north of there, you can't even drive on the park roads, because a couple of ocelots were run over!
Because saving wildlife isn't a goal -- it is means to limit your freedom. Since powers aren't interested in limiting Musk's freedoms -- few fried ocelots isn't an issue.