Hoodoo?

Onski326

Re: Hoodoo?

Post by Onski326 »

I gotcha. Brandi's is a cafe off 114 by Allsups. We ate there after church. Very good food and best prices in town by far. 2 adults and 2 kids and we ate for under $35. Can't even do that at fast food joints anymore. lol.
imaoldmanyoungsalt

Post by imaoldmanyoungsalt »

I'll have to check that place out. What church do you go to? We go to Fathers House on 380. Or at least my wife does. I work Sundays so I go to all the other services, Bible studies, etc.
Onski326

Post by Onski326 »

Grace Fellowship in Paradise. We have grade-school kids and they really love it there. Most of their friends go there.

Off chance have you ever tried fishing that paddling trail on the south side of Bridgeport? I've been on it a few times with no luck. Heard it's mainly packed with gar and carp.
imaoldmanyoungsalt

Onski326 wrote:Grace Fellowship in Paradise. We have grade-school kids and they really love it there. Most of their friends go there.

Off chance have you ever tried fishing that paddling trail on the south side of Bridgeport? I've been on it a few times with no luck. Heard it's mainly packed with gar and carp.
The one on the river? If so, I never have. My son and I drove down and looked at the launch there at the low water dam a couple times and had intended to try it. Just never got around to it.
There are other paddle trails on the south side of the 380 bridge but it's mainly just trails that cross the lake and up into the creeks and coves.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Onski326

Post by Onski326 »

Yep, that's the one, right by the golf course. Last time I went up there it was low water and no wind. Water was very stagnate. Wouldn't want to dip my toes in if you know what I mean. I think it'd be a nice paddle after a good rain to kinda clear it out a little bit.

Speaking of the trails south of the 380 bridge, I actually went to Chupacabra Point launch on the south end of the lake 2 weekends ago and it would have been a serious hike to get my 16' down to the water so I decided against it. That and the water was so low, I'm not sure you would have been able to get to the main lake without portaging across sandbars/mudflats.
imaoldmanyoungsalt

Onski326 wrote:Yep, that's the one, right by the golf course. Last time I went up there it was low water and no wind. Water was very stagnate. Wouldn't want to dip my toes in if you know what I mean. I think it'd be a nice paddle after a good rain to kinda clear it out a little bit.

Speaking of the trails south of the 380 bridge, I actually went to Chupacabra Point launch on the south end of the lake 2 weekends ago and it would have been a serious hike to get my 16' down to the water so I decided against it. That and the water was so low, I'm not sure you would have been able to get to the main lake without portaging across sandbars/mudflats.
Yeah chupacabra point is not a very good access point when the water is up, much less when it's 8.5 ft low. I would rather put in right off 380 at one of the access points there between the bridge and the store. I think my wife and my son are going to go to Wise county park today. It will be a short trip for only a few of hours today tho. Planning on maybe 11 am to around 1 or 2 pm

Onski326

Post by Onski326 »

I was just out at Wise Park around 10:30 this morning showing my son so as soon as my wife lets us, I can bring him along. There was only like 3 trailers at the boat ramp. 1 RV and 2 campsites. Basically had the place to ourselves. Also wanted to scope out the water level.
Attachments
20230419_101441.jpg
imaoldmanyoungsalt

Onski326 wrote:I was just out at Wise Park around 10:30 this morning showing my son so as soon as my wife lets us, I can bring him along. There was only like 3 trailers at the boat ramp. 1 RV and 2 campsites. Basically had the place to ourselves. Also wanted to scope out the water level.
We got there a little after 11 and left by 230. I caught 2 small bass, 1 sandbass, and a huge crappie. The wife caught a small spotted bass about a 3 lb channel cat. My son caught a sandbass and a small largemouth. Kinda slow but at least we caught something. The soft plastic swimbait was the big winner again. I did catch one of my small bass on a small chartreuse squarebill crankbait.

Onski326

Post by Onski326 »

Congrats on the catch today! And thanks for the fishing report. I just got my amazon order of some strike king rage swimmers in and a hellbender I'm hoping to rig up on a trolling rig with a roadrunner swimbait. If all goes well, Saturday morning will be the next time I can get out.