Tank Well Solutions

DavidN

Tank Well Solutions

Post by DavidN »

With all the options of milk crates, hard crates with lids, coolers, etc, what are some opinions? I see lots of options and mods out there. How do have yours rigged? What are your likes and dislikes? I have been looking at WS kayak krates, hobie, flambeau, etc., and trying to gather pros and cons.
Ones that have lids look good for keeping items from spilling out in a flip over. Does the lid make it difficult to get at what is inside? What is your go to?
Tombo

Re: Tank Well Solutions

Post by Tombo »

When I fished offshore, my crate had a lid. Its not a case of if, its when you flip over. Bays and marsh fishing, I removed the lid.
SWFinatic

Re: Tank Well Solutions

Post by SWFinatic »

When I first started kayak fishing I rigged up a crate. Started with a basic milk crate then added individual rod holders to it (cheapos from Amazon) attached with zip ties and used 2 bungees strapped across the top to keep my tackle boxes in place if I ever flipped. I ended up giving that thing away because I used it maybe 3 times. I only carry 2 and maybe 3 rods with me. Most kayaks have at least 2 built in rods holders and I make sure when I buy a kayak it has center hatch storage so I keep all my tackle in the center hatch. I just don't need a crate. If I was bass fishing I probably would go back to a crate but I would keep it basic. Keeping things simple on a yak is important.