High Island

mrkm1010
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

High Island

Post by mrkm1010 »

I've lost touch with this site for many years but have a question. Is High Island still as good for BR's and sharks since Rollover Pass was closed. I used to fish Slabs and the pier andalways caught a BR OR 2.
Fla-Fish
TKF 8000 Club
TKF 8000 Club

Re: High Island

Post by Fla-Fish »

Wow voices from the Past arise and wet a hook !!!
Good to hear from you Sir… Yes a couple of Old OLD
Cronies went out today and are teasing that they did well but have not seen any pictures yet ……….
bing

Post by bing »

old cronies huh..
i went to sea rim this morning armed with a pint of live shrimp. easy 5 trouts, 3 black drums 1' under cork from 2nd gut. caught 4 or 5 ladyfish for cut bait & a couple of whitings. yak out and anchor in 12' water and it was shark fest. the water was clear enuf to see them swimming under the yak. after i put on my last pre-made leader i decided that it was too hot to hang out there so i drifted in. at about the second gut i hooked into a heavier unit that drag me around a bit but was going toward shore. about then i saw it was a 4' gar. my 1st btb gar. it was fun but didnt want to venture too far by myself with one arm recovering from surgery
Boomy
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Boomy »

bing wrote:old cronies huh..
i went to sea rim this morning armed with a pint of live shrimp. easy 5 trouts, 3 black drums 1' under cork from 2nd gut. caught 4 or 5 ladyfish for cut bait & a couple of whitings. yak out and anchor in 12' water and it was shark fest. the water was clear enuf to see them swimming under the yak. after i put on my last pre-made leader i decided that it was too hot to hang out there so i drifted in. at about the second gut i hooked into a heavier unit that drag me around a bit but was going toward shore. about then i saw it was a 4' gar. my 1st btb gar. it was fun but didnt want to venture too far by myself with one arm recovering from surgery
interesting..... shark and gar in one trip
Wolfman57
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Wolfman57 »

Fla-Fish wrote:Wow voices from the Past arise and wet a hook !!!
Good to hear from you Sir… Yes a couple of Old OLD
Cronies went out today and are teasing that they did well but have not seen any pictures yet ……….
It was a great day at HI
https://youtu.be/oQ6fI6JJZXA
mrkm1010
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by mrkm1010 »

JEEEZ...What a great day. Sweet video and you were slaying em. I'll meet up with y'all soon. Tightlines