Well, This Changes My Plans

Earl
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Well, This Changes My Plans

Post by Earl »

I usually get to make about 5 trips to the coast and offshore per year but not this year. This year has had its share of strange patterns. Early season we had the rain and pressure gradients which kept the TX coast with muddy river water and big surf. Then there was some windows around July 4 but I had already made plans for smoking BBQ and having friends and family over. After that my wife had surgery on both feet and could not drive or get around much so I have been taking care of her. She just started back driving this week after a 5 weeks. Now this forecast for a storm to hit TX coast next week is not unusual for this time of year it just comes when my calendar is clearing up a bit. Okay, I will stop my pissing and moaning and make some lemonade from my lemons. Hope all you folks on the coast fair well next week. Maybe I can get down there in a couple of weeks after it all settles out.

SYOTW,

Earl
Fishtolive

Re: Well, This Changes My Plans

Post by Fishtolive »

Felt your pain since I am in the same boat.
This year weather really screwed up all my plan…. Was looking forward to this weekend as well but no good now with turbulence in the gulf.
Hope to make 1-2 more trips to CC this year before the season is over.
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

I was tinkering in my garage, smoking a cigar and listening to NWS weather on my VHF last evening.

I heard about those seas and thought about reporting them here - glad you made the point.
Earl
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Earl »

Ron Mc wrote:I was tinkering in my garage, smoking a cigar and listening to NWS weather on my VHF last evening.

I heard about those seas and thought about reporting them here - glad you made the point.
Oh yea, smoking a cigar and sipping bourbon. I have some reels needing my attention. Any guesses where I will be this weekend :D
GregO722

Post by GregO722 »

Wow!! I have never seen numbers like that before. Going to be some excitement.
I'm in the same boat, been BTB once so far this year, hoping to get out a few more times.
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

What app/website is that from?
Earl
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Earl »

Magicseaweed at the Matagorda location

I just looked and they have already changed the forecast. For the better but still a my bit rough for BTB.

https://magicseaweed.com/Matagorda-Surf-Report/3947/