How to get a kayak up and down a deep slope

JimD
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

How to get a kayak up and down a deep slope

Post by JimD »

Happy New Year.

I have not been on the board in a while and not been kayaking or running my BabyCat on the bay.

I bought a place on the Gaudaloupe River last week that came with 3 10 ft kayaks, two inflatable kayaks.

My problem is not which one to fish but how to get the kayaks down to the river. My place in near Boerne Texas and The slopes are steep down to the river where the first step is 1 ft deep and the next about 4 foot when you get into the river.

The question is have you seen a good home made ramp to slide the kayaks into and out of the river. In the pictures I have seen some made from pvc and old 20 ft ladders. My problem is I have only one place to put a launch in and it is about 30+ degree slope up for 15-20 feet and from there you can pull the kayaks up to the top of the bluff. another 50 feet This is the area at the bottom the cut down to get water from the river.

I would love some pictures and ideas on what is the best and cheapest way to do this. I have seen pxs of people use an old ladder and others use pvc to slide the kayak down. At the steep angle I am a little worried about the kayak entering the water. I do not have electricity in the area so I will have to build a home made pulley system with a big drum attached to a dead man to get the boats up and down. I also need to figure on some type of landing at the bottom. Area at the bottom is not very wide between the trees pipe for the water system.

I would appreciate any suggestions. JimD