AP reds on the fly

flydoc

AP reds on the fly

Post by flydoc »

Been down here a month and the fishing has been quite good when the weather coops. LHL-B&R and the bays on San Jose Island have given plenty of shots in the shallows wading and drifting.. My favorite fresh water streamer #6 Zonker has been working well along with crab patterns and deceivers.

As the cold fronts move through seems to push them off the flats to deeper water bit the next couple days look warmer and promising if the sun shines. Cheers
ap1.jpg
red1.jpg
red2.jpg
karstopo
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: AP reds on the fly

Post by karstopo »

Very nice. I think the pattern is similar here, they go deeper with the fronts and water being blown out and return to the shallows on the warming trends with rising water levels. Way, way back, I tied a few beaded zonker baitfish, but never really fished them much. The only other zonker pattern or pattern that uses rabbit zonker that I fished very much was the Avalon Permit Crab. I decided it was a little heavier than I what I like to use and pretty much abandoned fishing them, although they work on redfish. But rabbit zonker looks amazing in the water.
GoDoe
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by GoDoe »

Way to go Dave!

I had planned on being there last Thursday. The weather forecast made me cancel. I may just wait until June. I prefer it hot and sunny.

Keep posting those pics.

John
flydoc

Post by flydoc »

My last day at AP was great. Fished from 1-4 and released 9 reds not 5 min from the ramp. Zonkers and deceivers again as the water warmed up.

78 today 40 tomorrow. They'll be lookin for deeper water.
red8.jpg
red6.jpg
Attachments
red7.jpg