Making it happen

Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Making it happen

Post by Prof. Salt »

Last night's "arctic blast" and strong winds didn't keep me from an after work wading trip. Once it got completely dark the bite slowed but by wading down the shoreline I managed to fine plenty of bites. Reds 23-27.75 and a 22" trout (and a dozen more released) made for a nice haul. All caught on Pumpkinseed/chartreuse jerkbait or morning glory paddle tail.

Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Making it happen

Post by Ron Mc »

they knew they'd better eat before they all got jammed together in the holes

Great report - great photo - very nice fish.
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

Thanks, I was wading the edge of a channel because I figured the fish were already transitioning to deeper water. Whether they were trying to beat the crowd or just searching at meal time, the fish were cooperative. The best part was being able to fish when everyone else stayed in. The solitude (even in cold and howling winds) was nice, especially when fish were there to play.
impulse

Post by impulse »

You're a hardier man than I am. I went out on the back deck last night to see if there were any fish in the lights. The water was so muddy I could barely see the lights. So I went back inside where it was warm.

Keeping in mind that Sea Isle is on the rough and muddy side when the wind's out of the north. It may have been spectacular on the ICW side.

On a happier note, just a sneak preview of what we may expect to see next month...

https://youtu.be/UHEZpkdk1ss?

https://youtu.be/434D7WOxF54?

(On an aside, all my Green Light YouTubes have gone private to keep peace with the neighbors. Nuff said...)
karstopo
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by karstopo »

Nice. Fish definitely have to eat. No way am I motivated enough to brave this kind of weather to fish, hats off to those that do. Sunday looks like the first day it might be warm enough for me.

Channel edges are super fantastic places to fish in my experience and might not always get the attention they deserve.

Thanks for the report!