Stubblefield bridge launching?

TKFStubb
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Stubblefield bridge launching?

Post by TKFStubb »

Has anyone tried the new Stubblefield Lake bridge launch ramp? How is the clearance under the bridge? We are eager to get back to work on the 5 mile paddling trail project.
Cityfisher

Re: Stubblefield bridge launching?

Post by Cityfisher »

Fished just south of 1375 the last 2 weekends and drove up to Stubblefield to check it out.
The bridge is nice with a nice walkway to fish from. The boat ramp is just were it always was.
The water level is normal with the normal clearance as before I'm pretty sure. I didn't pay that much attention to that but it looked normal distance from on the bridge.

PS.
Some big spawning bass have been caught near HWY 1375 in water no deeper than 3.5'. Any deeper and couldn't get a bite.
txanalogkd

Post by txanalogkd »

I launched there on Wed, 27 April and you can get under the bridge but you'll have to lower your poles for clearance. Also, down stream about a half mile or so, the lake was blocked with a thick weed line. I was able to go over with the kayak but not good for boats.
motoyak

Post by motoyak »

Man! Just the name "stubblefields" brings back many memories of epic campouts and white bass fishing. My buddy John and I would start going there at the end of Jan and the whites would stack up in the flats for ez pickings. 50 fish 2 man limits a day were common. That action generally lasted until mid March. Each time we went, either of us would tie into something huge like a gaspergoo, grendel, or "wiper" (white bass/hybrid mix). I landed several #5+ black bass too...all on light spinning tackle.
Last time I was there was while the bridge was under construction. Tried a couple times and the fishing was really poor so I haven't been back.