Kayaking in Cabo San Lucas?

TexasJim

Kayaking in Cabo San Lucas?

Post by TexasJim »

Gonna spend a week in Cabo mid-April. Anyone ever kayaked there? I'm NOT a "tour" kind of guy. Can you rent a kayak to go solo to a decent snorkel spot? The last time I snorkeled, I brought home two Caribbean lobsters, but that's prohibited in Mexico for everyone, not just tourists. I don't really want to go offshore fishing, so was looking for something to do other than reading a book on a hot beach, shouting "It's Five O'Clock Somewhere!"
Thanks, TexasJim
mwatson71

Re: Kayaking in Cabo San Lucas?

Post by mwatson71 »

I haven’t been to Cabo in 15 years but if I recall there are locations that allow you to rent kayaks but they are the tourist grade kayaks, e.g. an Ocean Prowler or Malibu something or other.

We once stayed at this great resort farther up into the Sea of Cortez that had decent kayaks and great snorkeling. I’d be very interested to know what you find as I am always wanting to go back.

While there, you gotta go to Edith’s and have a tableside Caesar salad.
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

Good luck and have fun in Cabo, Texas Jim. I speak Spanish, date young Hispanic gals & used to vacation all over Mexico...

That is until the drug cartels started kidnapping tourists for ransom money! Cabo is remote and safer than Acapulco or Cancún, but I advise keeping a low profile with constant awareness of your surroundings. Be careful of what you drink or smoke.

If you do get kidnapped down there, call me. With my legal and Kung Fu skills, I'm the man to save you (for a modest fee, lol). Image

Even my hero Paladin got paid for saving people in distress.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

TexasJim

Post by TexasJim »

DD: Thanks for your reply and advice. I wandered around the Caribbean for many years, and went to Venezuela for two weeks and stayed a year! I got very fluent in Spanish, utilizing many "horizontal dictionaries". Cabo sounds like a clip joint for gringos, like Cancun. Never been to either, but sailed to Cozumel several times. Your pics look a lot like Paladin, by the way. I'll have to don my coonskin cap and grab my guitar and get a pic. I'll bet we could tell some lies! Kayak fished yesterday and caught two bait-stealer perch and a 15" Black. Better than staying home and waiting for the wife's next honey-do list. Springtime in Texas! Freezing rain, tornadoes and sunburn. TexasJim
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

With TexasJim's use of the term "horizontal dictionary" and the stories of his travels seeking members of the fairer sex, I predict that TexasJim and DandyDon are, if not distantly related, on their way to becoming fast friends
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

I'm your huckleberry, Texas Jim!

Let's go fishing sometime. My true stories include adventures in the Far East, the Mid-East, South America and Bali. Between your travels and mine, we have a lot of fun to share. Image

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk