Kayak Fishing Christmas Bay Freeport TX

TX All Water Fishing

Kayak Fishing Christmas Bay Freeport TX

Post by TX All Water Fishing »

The area was under a dense fog advisory and expecting strong winds early afternoon I hit Christmas Bay for a quick trip and make a video directed to people new to kayak fishing. Giving tips and areas to target, such as drop off, intersecting water ways, and grass lines. I was also testing out a new braided fishing I recently purchased at the Houston Fishing Show. Tight Line Braid...and so far, I'm really enjoying it. It reels and cast smooth and holds knots great!
Video Link Below

[youtube]https://youtu.be/ZHtdvPi2pYE[/youtube]

Attachments
DJI_0024_Moment(6).jpg
GHAE9107_Moment(3).jpg
Dense Fog Advisory Fishing_Moment.jpg
mwatson71

Re: Kayak Fishing Christmas Bay Freeport TX

Post by mwatson71 »

Thanks for posting a report. Foggy for sure. I need to get out again soon. I missed the last outing with Shoffer and Dandydon.

I am about to test a new braid as well, True Braid. Seems there are lots of new players in the fishing tackle market.
TX All Water Fishing

Post by TX All Water Fishing »

My pleasure. It sure seems like more and more people are going into biz for themselves making fishing products.
deptrai

Post by deptrai »

I've been kayak fishing forever, but Pacific Ocean. I'm moving here next month and need to learn the local fisheries. I was actually at that Christmas Bay launch ramp this morning just taking a look. At least 5 kayak launching vehicles parked, but I could only see 2 yaks on the water in the distance. It looked super shallow. These guys launched a boat with an air cooled outboard motor while I was standing around. Never seen anything like that before. I can see how my Outback could get grounded since its so shallow. Its happened to me before in Tillamook Bay and Siletz Bay. Had to get out and walk it a ways to deeper water.

What really interests me is the other side of the road in the real ocean. How often do conditions permit going out there?

My yak and all other household goods are scheduled to be delivered to my new house in Missouri City May 25th, so I hope to get on the water here in June.

Dave
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

Deptrai, welcome to the Gulf Coast and get ready for some kayak fun!

I rarely fish the surf in my kayak, but some of our TKF members fish the gulf for bull redfish, sharks & other large fish. Check out the BTB (Beyond the Breakers) department for news of their yak trips.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Kitsune

Post by Kitsune »

:clap: nice pictures…
wade-a-minuate

Post by wade-a-minuate »

Really good video, thanks
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club