Time for a New Kayak??

Kalait

Time for a New Kayak??

Post by Kalait »

Last summer my kayak became a holy one doing a trip down the San Marcos River. I repaired the hole and paddled on the local lake without problems the rest of the summer. Should I be considering a new yak?
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Time for a New Kayak??

Post by Ron Mc »

You didn't tell us anything about your boat.
Since you mentioned San Marcos, TG Kayaks runs a livery and rental there, and used to repair kayaks as a service, but their insurance made them quit offering repair service. Certainly has nothing to do with the quality of repairs.
If you're looking for justification to buy a new (another) boat, you came to the right place. Different boats can be better at different uses.
savoltage

Post by savoltage »

My answer is always yes. But I'm a impulse buyer quite frequently.

What are you using now? Are there features you don't have that you wish you did? What is your budget? Will you just be doing the smaller rivers?
motoyak

Post by motoyak »

If your patch holds, you re good to go. Lots of plastic boats get roughed up, patched and continue on for a long time.
For peace of mind (fear of it leaking), start shopping.
Kalait

Post by Kalait »

savoltage wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 7:53 am My answer is always yes. But I'm a impulse buyer quite frequently.

What are you using now? Are there features you don't have that you wish you did? What is your budget? Will you just be doing the smaller rivers?
The Ocean Prowler 13 over 10 years in my garage, since the repair I have had it on a nearby lake for over 20 miles with no leaking thus far. Wish I had a sit-inside, for white-water on the rivers. Have been attempting a BTB trip for the last 3 to 4 years, also shopping for a pedal drive for the wife.
:shock: :o :dance: