Well I'm Back - Part II

chicken...

Well I'm Back - Part II

Post by chicken... »

Update -

I guess God was trying to teach me patience ( :shock: ) as April 2021 turned into Black Friday 2021 where my kayak finally arrived on March 18, 2022. The kayak I had thought was mine was the "early 2022" and I ended up with the "new and improved 2022" Native Watercraft Slayer Max 12.5. Not only did I learn a bit of patience, but God knew what He was doing as I received the new and improved version ( :D ).

The kayak was delivered right before the fishing show, so I told Nick at FTU-Houston to get the show behind him before worrying about my kayak. I picked up my kayak a couple weeks later after FTU installed my anchor trolley and One Objective Keel Guard where it went into my garage for the rest of the rigging which included the battery and fuse box, fish finder, cup holder, stake-out pole, Black Pak II, measure board and holder, bow rope, USB port/voltmeter and tool pouch. The Slayer Max has a ton of storage with a really good layout which made my rigging straightforward and simple (at least to me :lol: ) where made one change after the maiden voyage to relocate my rod holders on the Black Pak.

For those wondering, I have made 2 short trips and yes my yak has been officially slimed and slimed by the best, a gafftop of all fish, but I followed that with some trout and flounder, so all is well.

My thanks to FTU-Houston and to Nick, Des and Cayden for all the help they have provided, y'all are the best!

Trying to send my rigging pics and they would not attach :x

Happy Fishin'
Chicken... :wink:
Last edited by chicken... on Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Neumie
Site Admin

Re: Well I'm Back - Part II

Post by Neumie »

Dang, I'm, not sure I'd have the patience to wait a whole year for a new kayak. Welcome back.
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

Gaff-top is serious slime. I filleted one once, and the meat was really good, but tough to "stick to it" so to speak.
Thanks for posting.
saltykat
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by saltykat »

Happy kayak dance :dance: Looking forward to fishing with you again see you in a few months :cat: