Monday trip report

Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Monday trip report

Post by Prof. Salt »

Friday I learned that Monday (today) is the school observance of Juneteenth, and since the college gave us the day off and it was an ideal day to get offshore, I accepted and went paddling, lol. Surf was nice, water clarity was really nice, and the sharks were somewhere else today. It took me a while, with ribbons getting cut in half, lures being spit out and other usual mayhem. Finally about 9:30 I got things dialed in and started slaying some fish. A limit of eater sized kings and a good Spanish came aboard, and then I found some big kings. Top water blowups, frothy head shaking and even a big leap made for fun watching, but those girls refused to eat the hooks. Then I hooked a monster. She made six really long smoking runs before coming close. I could see that the lure’s front treble had escaped the fish’s mouth but the back treble was stuck in her cheek. As I was filming her under the water close to the kayak, the hooks pulled. It was painful. Oh, I also found two cobia working a bait ball near the bottom. Lowered a ribbon and Boom! It was on. The fish ran around the rig legs and then into the rig before I could apply enough brake. That also ended with a snapped line... but at least I found one.

Now I have two videos to make and sleep to catch up on. The wind has finally come down, so y’all keep watching the weather for a chance to get out there!
Volkswatson

Re: Monday trip report

Post by Volkswatson »

Eagerly waiting for the vid to post … 😆
Killerbee

Re: Monday trip report

Post by Killerbee »

Volkswatson wrote:Eagerly waiting for the vid to post … Image
Same!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk