Saturday's shark video

Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Saturday's shark video

Post by Prof. Salt »

Alrighty gang, the first one is done. I got to the office extra early and cranked this one out before my lecture began. I've got to run to class now but here you go:

[youtube]http://youtu.be/9R1OTrRl0VQ[/youtube]

https://youtu.be/9R1OTrRl0VQ
Killerbee

Re: Saturday's shark video

Post by Killerbee »

Prof. Salt wrote:Alrighty gang, the first one is done. I got to the office extra early and cranked this one out before my lecture began. I've got to run to class now but here you go:

[youtube]http://youtu.be/9R1OTrRl0VQ[/youtube]

https://youtu.be/9R1OTrRl0VQ
Great video Prof. Love it man.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

deptrai

Post by deptrai »

Thanks for sharing. How did you unhook that shark? Or did you just cut the line?

Water conditions looked pretty good.

Dave
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

Thanks for sharing the vid. I'm so ready to hit the salt.
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

deptrai wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:08 pm How did you unhook that shark? Or did you just cut the line?
If the shark is small enough to hold behind the gills I will tuck the tail under my arm and get the lure out. Larger sharks are too dangerous for that kind of thing, and I just cut the wire as short as I can safely cut it. If I fished for sharks I might carry tools for that, but sharks aren’t a usual catch for me and not sought out.
SWFinatic

Post by SWFinatic »

I'm sure you heard about the 10' tiger caught from the beach just north of MP about a week ago. That's at least the second tiger caught from the beach in the past couple of months around Port A.
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

SWFinatic wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:59 pm I'm sure you heard about the 10' tiger caught from the beach just north of MP about a week ago. That's at least the second tiger caught from the beach in the past couple of months around Port A.
I assume there are always big ones around, but the big sharks are pretty smart and tend to leave us alone, as long as we don’t accidentally get them excited by chumming the water too much.
sol92258

Post by sol92258 »

SWFinatic wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:59 pm I'm sure you heard about the 10' tiger caught from the beach just north of MP about a week ago. That's at least the second tiger caught from the beach in the past couple of months around Port A.
Please pardon my ignorance, what does MP refer to?
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

sol92258 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:44 am Please pardon my ignorance, what does MP refer to?
MP stands for Mayan Princess; a condominium on Mustang Island (between Port Aransas and Corpus Christi). It's a popular launch point for beyond the breakers fishing.
sol92258

Post by sol92258 »

Neumie wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:50 am
sol92258 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:44 am Please pardon my ignorance, what does MP refer to?
MP stands for Mayan Princess; a condominium on Mustang Island (between Port Aransas and Corpus Christi). It's a popular launch point for beyond the breakers fishing.
Ahh, cool, thank you. I was curious since we're going to Corpus Christi this weekend - unfortunately won't be be bringing the kayaks on this trip, was really looking forward to it, but circumstances make it impractical this time, hopefully we'll get another chance. It looks like we're staying about a mile from MP, I'll have to check it out, seems like an interesting story that makes it a popular point of reference.