Christmas Bay/Churchill 6/23

Music Man
Location: Missouri City Lightning Nomad, Kraken 13.5, Trident Ultra 4.3

Christmas Bay/Churchill 6/23

Post by Music Man »

Hit the east end of Christmas Bay and Churchill Bayou on Thursday, 6/23. Launched a bit after 7:00. We drifted along the grass but got no hits. Water was very murky. Got to the mouth of Churchill and started catching flounder. I’ve done well there throwing into the channel and then working plastics into the shallows. Yesterday all of the hookups were in about two feet of water near the grass. Son got one to the boat and I got three. Had several more hook ups. All were under the limit so no stuffed flounder for dinner. The bite stopped about as fast as it started.

Going back to the launch the water had cleared up some. What was really neat was seeing how green the water was on the Gulf side. Going to keep an eye on the weather and try to find a good day to hit the beach.
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Christmas Bay/Churchill 6/23

Post by Dandydon »

Thanks for the Christmas Bay report, including your bayou flounder action. All of the recent high winds have muddied up the baywaters, but looks like we're getting into the Summer doldrums of low SW wind.

That helps clear the water but lack of wind makes it even hotter. So get ready for nightfishing to beat the heat.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk