A video from farther down the beach

Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

A video from farther down the beach

Post by Prof. Salt »

PINS offers clean water and large sharks, along with good fishing. I enjoyed this day a lot, despite the biting triggers and charging sharks.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/ufkjnEc4XmY[/youtube]
http://youtu.be/ufkjnEc4XmY
SWFinatic

Re: A video from farther down the beach

Post by SWFinatic »

That hammer sure wanted that king. At one point with your hand on the kings head looked like the hammer was going to make a swipe at it but turned away.
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

SWFinatic wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:41 pm That hammer sure wanted that king. At one point with your hand on the kings head looked like the hammer was going to make a swipe at it but turned away.
I was glad it wasn’t the resident 13 footer that lives around there. This one was really amped up and coming in fast a few times, close enough to touch. It was a pucker factor moment, although I wasn’t in much danger.
SWFinatic

Post by SWFinatic »

I worry about them getting spooked when they're close to the kayak like that. The tail whip against the yak from a big shark can cause some issues.
LTA

Post by LTA »

Awesome video, big fan of them. I noticed that you were using lures on this video i have watched your video on leader making and I have made a few but I’m really interested in using lures and would like to ask you how you rigged them them, knot to lure & knot to swivel that you recommend. I must confess I have never been BTB fishing but plan on going on July 9 with Yakety Yak and friends. I’ve purchased many lures from Rat L Traps, Halco, Rapala, Bomber, etc. and would hate to lose them on first outing, if the haywire twist is the knot you recommend that’s what I will use, as far as wire I have both the single wire & the 7 Strand Camo. Thanks!
impulse

Post by impulse »

Where's the best place in the kayak to keep a backup pair of underwear dry?
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

LTA wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:00 pm Awesome video, big fan of them. I noticed that you were using lures on this video i have watched your video on leader making and I have made a few but I’m really interested in using lures and would like to ask you how you rigged them them, knot to lure & knot to swivel that you recommend. I must confess I have never been BTB fishing but plan on going on July 9 with Yakety Yak and friends. I’ve purchased many lures from Rat L Traps, Halco, Rapala, Bomber, etc. and would hate to lose them on first outing, if the haywire twist is the knot you recommend that’s what I will use, as far as wire I have both the single wire & the 7 Strand Camo. Thanks!
The single strand uses the same haywire style connection. I use the titanium wire lately because I can bump down to 25lb and not have issues with cutoffs, but the single strand ss works well too. I usually run 1.5 feet of wire, give or take. The triggers weren’t letting me use ribbonfish that day. My baits wouldn’t last two minutes before they had the hooks picked clean, so I just moved to plastics and caught plenty.