How's fishing along the Causeway in Corpus?

fishhound

How's fishing along the Causeway in Corpus?

Post by fishhound »

Taking the family down there late July and we will be kayak fishing. Wanted to see what y'all thought about the SW side of the Causeway between Red dot and Docs. Should we try there? If not where would you go.

I've fished AP quite a bit and POC some but not to familiar with Corpus. Any help would be appreciated.
Neumie
Site Admin

Re: How's fishing along the Causeway in Corpus?

Post by Neumie »

It'll depend on the wind really. There's lots of great structure there with channels, spoil islands, and an old oil field rd (I can't remember the name). Demmit Pier on Flour Bluff is another option, head north to the powerlines and boat hole. They recently re-did the park area and kind of ruined the kayak access and made it slightly more difficult.
mwatson71

Post by mwatson71 »

We launched near Packery Channel off of Zahn Rd and fished north of the bridge and did pretty well. Also west of the launch thru this little cut we were able to find some decent trout and reds.
Kitsune

Post by Kitsune »

A little before Red Dot I really like Laguna shores road and kayaking around Demmit Pier. I typically used jugs with soft plastics along the guts and channels. Packery flats are good too but I haven’t been there in years.