Sportsman Rd, Galveston

Duster_BB

Sportsman Rd, Galveston

Post by Duster_BB »

Spent my life fishing Matagorda, and recently moved to Houston, so not super familiar with Galveston. Learning after a few trips.

For Sportsman Rd., is the only launch at the very end of the road, or is there one mid-way?

I saw some older posts here saying there is a launch mid-way, but I don't know if that's changed nowadays?

I may paddle out to Confederate Reef, but never been and only know the general direction. Any directions would be helpful. Sounds like it's better fishing in winter, but I'm willing to try now...

Thanks!
Tenore

Re: Sportsman Rd, Galveston

Post by Tenore »

The very end of Sportsman rd has a small area to launch but you need to watch the No Parking zone since cops frequent the area. Not sure of an intermediate place without trespassing. Parking can be very inconvenient and hard to find on the weekend especially. I would have a firm plan B. I would suggest the nearby Artist Boat Launch on Settegast Rd. Good place, ample parking and three weeks ago we got into some good fish around Dalehite Cove. Also give the state park a try or simply kayak over to those waters from Artist boat.
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

There is a launch in the middle of the road - look for the empty lot next to the house with the blue roof.
Duster_BB

Post by Duster_BB »

Thx - checked it out today. Success!
deptrai

Post by deptrai »

shoffer wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:54 am There is a launch in the middle of the road - look for the empty lot next to the house with the blue roof.
This one?
sportsman rd.PNG
Dave
Tenore

Post by Tenore »

Good info, thanks!