It only took 9 years.

Halen

It only took 9 years.

Post by Halen »

After joining TKF close to 9 years ago I've finally made the move and will be picking up a new Bonafide SS127 this coming week. I figured this would be an appropriate first post on here and am excited to get on the water. Over the years I've learned a ton from reading the TKF threads and look forward to being even more active on here now that I've finally pulled the trigger.
Yakety_Yak

Re: It only took 9 years.

Post by Yakety_Yak »

Congrats on your new purchase and welcome to the addiction!! Anytime you want to fish and would like to have company, don't hesitate to call. PM me and we can swap numbers for future kayaking trips. Tight lines!!
Kayak Kid
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Kayak Kid »

Welcome Halen to the kayaking adventures that await you. And, don't think, for a moment, that you are coming in at the tail end of something. Quite the opposite. For, as the price of motorised boats continues it's exponential climb towards unaffordable heights, there will be more fishing and water sport enthusiasts purchasing affordably priced kayaks.

Further, the waterways have, and will continue to experience over crowed and dangerous conditions. A man gets drunk, and the 25 hp aluminium bay boat he's driving becomes a deadly weapon. A kayaker has few too many and the only damage he can do is to get wet when he tips over in his kayak.

The shallow water flats and "creeks" that endlessly occur along our coast offer quiet, nature filled solitude, and boundless fishing opportunities. And, the friends you meet, with whom you will share the kayaking experience, are, most assuredly, 'the icing on the cake'.

So, Halen, there are thousands of folks, who, just like yourself are presently, and within the near future, discovering the wealth of advantages and adventures that are available in the kayaking community. Enjoy.
Halen

Post by Halen »

Yakety_Yak wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:08 pm Congrats on your new purchase and welcome to the addiction!! Anytime you want to fish and would like to have company, don't hesitate to call. PM me and we can swap numbers for future kayaking trips. Tight lines!!
Thank you so much for the warm welcome Yakety Yak! I will absolutely take you up on the offer and will be sending you a PM.

The wife and I are in the process of buying land for a house near Palacios in a gated community with a private boat launch. It's near an inland bay area that is perfect for kayak fishing and we hope to close on it by the end of August. My goal is to get down here as often as possible and can't wait for this to come together.
Kayak Kid wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:49 pm Welcome Halen to the kayaking adventures that await you. And, don't think, for a moment, that you are coming in at the tail end of something. Quite the opposite. For, as the price of motorised boats continues it's exponential climb towards unaffordable heights, there will be more fishing and water sport enthusiasts purchasing affordably priced kayaks.

Further, the waterways have, and will continue to experience over crowed and dangerous conditions. A man gets drunk, and the 25 hp aluminium bay boat he's driving becomes a deadly weapon. A kayaker has few too many and the only damage he can do is to get wet when he tips over in his kayak.

The shallow water flats and "creeks" that endlessly occur along our coast offer quiet, nature filled solitude, and boundless fishing opportunities. And, the friends you meet, with whom you will share the kayaking experience, are, most assuredly, 'the icing on the cake'.

So, Halen, there are thousands of folks, who, just like yourself are presently, and within the near future, discovering the wealth of advantages and adventures that are available in the kayaking community. Enjoy.
Thank you very much Kayak Kid, I sincerely appreciate it. You are spot on regarding the price of boats these days, I've been looking for a good bit to find something affordable but have had no luck. After tons of kayak researching I made the call to go with the Bonafide SS127 after coming close to going with a Hobie Pro Angler 14 360. It is not doubt a fine kayak, but after taxes and related fees I'd be close to $9,000 completely outfitted. I felt that for my needs the Bonafide was a much better fit and I'll still get the same amount of fishing enjoyment out of it.

I was also fortunate to find an outfitted kayak trailer on Craigslist this weekend that I just bought. It was on heck of a bargain and 1/8 of the price of a new one which was not nearly as nice as the used one. It's set up for 2 kayaks currently and could be outfitted for 4. My plan is to add a cargo carrier on each side above the kayaks to give ample storage for traveling/camping.

Your thoughts on discovering a wealth of adventures resonates with me and I look forward to the coming months and years ahead of exceptional experiences.
impulse

Post by impulse »

And I have never cursed the price when fueling up the kayak. Nor the ramp fees...
Halen

Post by Halen »

impulse wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:50 pm And I have never cursed the price when fueling up the kayak. Nor the ramp fees...
A few additional bonuses for sure that I look forward to enjoying as well.