Aransas Pass to Port A

Kitsune

Aransas Pass to Port A

Post by Kitsune »

Fished North of hwy 361 including South Bay, LHL, and Hog Island July and August. The water clarity has been really good. 8/10. Floating vegetation is moderate in open water. The tides were lower and I fished from 6-11am. The drum are still back in LHL pretty thick, they are just spooky most of the time. The Redfish I have seen are in pods and usually are competing for my lure. I have thrown back a lot more 15-17 inch trout then I can remember as well. I use Black/Gold top-waters and a gold spoon.

This is from this morning. This fish did not start biting until well after the sun was up. The redfish seemed to just start really working around 10am and got better when I was leaving around 11. I met another kayaker from the Dallas area by the username of (too far away) :?: He had a beautiful kayak, I think a orange tarpon 160.

I will be out at LHL for the Adopt-A-Beach on Sept 17. if anyone else can make it
http://www.texaskayakfisherman.com/foru ... 889a6b70c7
DSCF3008.JPG
DSCF3004.JPG
DSCF3002.JPG
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Aransas Pass to Port A

Post by Dandydon »

Thanks for sharing your fishing trip, Kitsune.

That clear water you've got down there makes me jealous. I do better when I can see the fish I'm trying to catch, lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Kitsune

Post by Kitsune »

Dandydon wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:57 pm Thanks for sharing your fishing trip, Kitsune. Image

That clear water you've got down there makes me jealous. I do better when I can see the fish I'm trying to catch, lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
I have too say, I feel blessed every-time I'm out on that flat. The clarity, fish, and wildlife is just amazing.
junkyard chihuahua
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by junkyard chihuahua »

I love that paddle blade!