8/25/2022

mwatson71

8/25/2022

Post by mwatson71 »

53A2143A-D5C3-4420-A110-A633B76FBF02.png
I launched right around 10:15p on a spur of the moment trip. The tide was out and still moving pretty good. According to the solunar, the major was 11:40-1:40a so that was my plan since I was flying solo. The wind was dead, the water was moving pretty good, and the fish were so thick in the lights you could almost have walked across them.

Within 15 minutes I had released 3 undersized trout, a rat red, and a flounder right at 15”. I had also released a couple of 15-16” specks. I brought a stringer, but decided not to keep any on this trip. The solunar was off a little in that the bite really picked up around 11p and never turned off. I stopped fishing around 2a because I just got tired of catching fish. I would catch 2 in every light and could just cise around between the best lights repeatedly. I hit lights in canals, lights on the bayside, lights overhead and lights underwater. White lights, green lights. It just didn’t seem to matter. The bigger trout were in the underwater whites. I probably released 75 specks and 20 of them would have been keepers. At least 20. The dinks were still 12+. Also released five or six rat reds and the flounder. I was heading back by 2a and off the water at 2:30. Even the last cast into a light near the ramp yielded a 16” trout.

Good times but the mosquitoes were terrible.
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: 8/25/2022

Post by Dandydon »

Gee whiz, Watson, you obviously need some help catching those 75 nighttime Trout, Reds & Flounder! I loved your photo of many gamefish in that underwater light. Image

Wow! Yes, you found loads of biting gamefish & biting mosquitoes. What a weird Summer we've had with sweltering 100° days, but until now, NO hurricanes (Image)!

The Hobie Navy is down to one member w/ Shoffer taking depositions, Kickingback Charlie's health temporarily down, & me going in for prostate surgery next week.

Thanks for the vicarious thrills and count on us returning to action soon. Image

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

Glad you got out, my friend. Starting the afternoon of 9/2, the fish should be scared.
impulse

Post by impulse »

Yesterday (Saturday) around 9:00 AM, a plane flew by the canal in Sea Isle so low that I thought it was in trouble. I was headed out anyway so I followed its path to Terramar, only to see it coming back with vapor coming off the wingtips. It was the mosquito plane. They have been baaaad since the recent rains.

I went on the Galveston Bicycle Ride Out last night with a couple of thousand other riders and we got eaten alive every time we slowed down. Just putting the bike back in the van was a challenge. My ankles itched for hours.

I can usually catch a trout or 2 in the lights before the skeeters chase me off the dock. With some reds and smaller flounder thrown in. I spray our yard and deck with the Cutter garden hose stuff that seems to work great, and I can work out in the yard during the day. But at night, they seem to fly over from the neighbors' yards and make it miserable to be outside. Hopefully, yesterday's aerial spraying will improve things.