Best bump board for Hobie Outback?

Nwlfish90

Best bump board for Hobie Outback?

Post by Nwlfish90 »

Looking to get a bump board to measure the reds I catch in the Texas area.

Looking if anyone has found a way to put a bump board onto a Hobie outback. I also have a H-Crate so not a ton of space. I currently stick my landing net behind the seat, between me and the H crate

Was looking a the Ketch Karbonate 32, but not sure where to put it / where it will fit.
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Re: Best bump board for Hobie Outback?

Post by Prof. Salt »

YakGear makes a tri-fold board, just be easy with it. Used correctly it's good, but if you mistreat it the folding joints can break.
mwatson71

Post by mwatson71 »

I used a Sharpie and made my own marks on my Hobie.
SWFinatic

Post by SWFinatic »

Nwlfish90 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:33 pm Looking to get a bump board to measure the reds I catch in the Texas area.

Looking if anyone has found a way to put a bump board onto a Hobie outback. I also have a H-Crate so not a ton of space. I currently stick my landing net behind the seat, between me and the H crate

Was looking a the Ketch Karbonate 32, but not sure where to put it / where it will fit.
Welcome! If a board is the route you want to go the board Prof Salt mentioned works well because it folds up and can fit in an h crate or behind your seat or even under your seat if there's room.

I switched to stickers on my rods a while back. It's not an exact means of measuring and if I need that I'll grab my tri-fold board. In most cases if it's too close using the sticker on my rod it goes back.

Or marks on the kayak work great too. The more you yak fish the less you'll want to bring with you.
doslocosranch

Post by doslocosranch »

I bought this one from BP online. Best price I found at the time.
1BFA42CB-7066-474C-BBA5-8F0C3FFAE60E.jpeg
deptrai

Post by deptrai »

doslocosranch wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:07 pm I bought this one from BP online. Best price I found at the time. 1BFA42CB-7066-474C-BBA5-8F0C3FFAE60E.jpeg
I broke one just like that on my Outback. Now I use a sharpie.

Dave
motoyak

Post by motoyak »

I make mine outta 1x6 pine, screw a piece on the end for bump, mark and cut grooves that are pertinant...15,17,20,28.
Floats and costs nada. Make it in 15 minutes outta scrap.
Can be used as an emergency paddle or kindling too :lol: