What’s your favorite rod holder?

doslocosranch

What’s your favorite rod holder?

Post by doslocosranch »

So my wife and I have owned a pair of 2016 Hobie 14 pro anglers. The guys who I purchased them from had some large rod holders “ram mounts” on the front port & starboard. I do personally like them a lot but see a lot of different types and models now. We just upgraded and bought a gently used pair of Hobie 14 pro anglers with 180 drives. While they had a few accessories on them already the owners didnt really fish so no rod holders.

Curious what people like and are using and why. We primarily fish inshore.

Thanks in advance.

I added a couple of pictures. In 1 our older pro anglers and the rod holders & in the other our new pro anglers.
BBB5D0CC-AFC9-47DA-A0B5-3E0AD454CA20.jpeg
B3E90ECC-AA09-4E78-9B62-669229A28853.jpeg
SWFinatic

Re: What’s your favorite rod holder?

Post by SWFinatic »

When I had my PA I used Railblaza bases that clamped on to the H-rail. I tried the Hobie rod holders that clamp on to the h-rail but they aren't strong enough a redfish and a catfish both will knock it completely off the h-rail (speaking from experience). I would use the tube style Railblaza rod holders to insert into the bases.

https://www.railblaza.com/products/boat ... unt-32-41/
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: What’s your favorite rod holder?

Post by Ron Mc »

The most versatile rod holder is Stealth QR-1
https://www.stealthrodholders.com/colle ... od-holders
It will hold spinning and low-profile baitcaster, holds them solid, and locks them in if you use the added strap.
Also fits Scotty base.

Here I have a rod secured for spooling line. Run the line through a phone book, you can walk away, and the line stays tensioned.