Getting some exercise

Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Getting some exercise

Post by Prof. Salt »

Yesterday after work the winds weren't high enough to make surfing the kayak an option, so the kayak and I headed to the shallows to paddle, enjoy the scenery and look for a fish to take home. After a few miles of paddling shorelines I spotted a pair of gulls hovering over a shoreline, and I knew it was what I had been searching for. I paddled quickly to close the distance and as I approached the fish rounded a corner and went out of view. I wasn't worried, and knew they'd be there as I caught up. As I rounded the corner I was surprised to see another kayak fisherman casting to my fish. I don't usually see others during the week out there, but I quickly turned aside and left the fish to him. It took a couple more miles to locate another school of feeding fish, but this time I had them all to myself. One well placed cast and the lead fish had inhaled my lure. With one nice fish aboard I enjoyed the rest of the evening watching for schools that never materialized. I got in 7 miles under a lovely sunset and brought home dinner. Not bad for a week night.

Kayak Kid
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Re: Getting some exercise

Post by Kayak Kid »

Prof.,
I enjoyed that paddle with you. Thanks for sharing.
Kitsune

Re: Getting some exercise

Post by Kitsune »

Going in the afternoons has such a different feel. Good food and drink afterwards would be nice :P