BTB fishing this weekend

Mohammad Shobaki

BTB fishing this weekend

Post by Mohammad Shobaki »

Anyone down to go BTB this weekend? My preference would be to go to some rigs in Corpus and catch the last of the summer kings, but I'm down to also down to fish for some bull reds in the Galveston/Bolivar Peninsula area.
Fcfish27

Re: BTB fishing this weekend

Post by Fcfish27 »

I’m looking for some one to tag along with me this Friday. I was going to hit Mayan princess rigs. Want to meet up? Same as you need some kings.
Mohammad Shobaki

Oh awesome. I just coordinated with some guys from facebook to go out to the mayan rigs on friday. Come along!
John Hall

Post by John Hall »

Saturday or Sunday should be able to, running In a boat though

210-865-5741
deptrai

Post by deptrai »

I would love to, but Corpus Christie is a bit too far from me in Missouri City. I was thinking about going out of the Freeport Jetty, but wouldn't have a clue as to whether to turn left, right or go straight out.

Dave
mwatson71

Post by mwatson71 »

Dave,

You should make the Corpus drive. I live in Houston and went BTB in Corpus three times last year. It is worth the three hour drive.
GregO722

Post by GregO722 »

I'm planning to be at the MP Rigs Sunday morning. Any fishing reports back from Friday or Saturday would be great.
Mohammad Shobaki

I went out on Friday. The waters were calm and clean except for a brief storm that went by. We didn’t get any king bites, but we had some modest success jigging. We caught largely lane snapper, spade fish, and triggerfish
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

I paddled 15 miles covering all of the MP rigs and had only one short run at a corner of the big rig. Since it was so quiet and conditions were really nice I paddled out to the two farther rigs offshore. At one of those I lost a big cobia 25 minutes into the fight when the hooks pulled. I was jigging on bottom for live bait with the small spinner, but with a decent drag and 20lb braid I held on ...until the hooks pulled. That was all the action I had except for a few small fish on jigs.

There is quite a bit of grass washed out from the rains (turtle grass and more string-like stuff). Water clarity was good and we were just missing the fish.