Late season

Fishtolive

Late season

Post by Fishtolive »

Drove to down to CC and spent 2 days to fish out at Mayan Princess rigs. Saw about a five kayakers on Friday afternoon and a dozen kayakers in water on Saturday. The condition was perfect with low wind and low waves but Could not find any kings or no hearing any radio chatting on king hookup. :(
Question: at what month that kings started moving south.
Or could we go further south like PINS to the kings at this time of the years?
Appreciate help for any info.
Killerbee

Re: Late season

Post by Killerbee »

Fishtolive wrote:Drove to down to CC and spent 2 days to fish out at Mayan Princess rigs. Saw about a five kayakers on Friday afternoon and a dozen kayakers in water on Saturday. The condition was perfect with low wind and low waves but Could not find any kings or no hearing any radio chatting on king hookup. :(
Question: at what month that kings started moving south.
Or could we go further south like PINS to the kings at this time of the years?
Appreciate help for any info.
In my opinion those fronts that pushed in did not help with the king bite. It makes for some beautiful kayak conditions but can often give the fish lockjaw. I have struggled at those rigs in September several times in the past. I observed a massive bait migration in Madagorda this weekend. Everything was hard to catch a keyed on the tiny bait balls. Amazing to watch! I suspect that bait migration is happening all up and down the coast. My friend flying fish hit the far Bob hall rigs this weekend. He managed a couple of kings but it was very very slow. Hopefully he and others will comment on this thread and we can get a better idea for future outings. I am a little behind on videos but I will get up my Matagorda trip from this weekend as soon as possible. I also observed several groups of tarpon headed South along the beach front. It has been my observation that this time of year the fishing is either on fire or a struggle bus!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk