Halloween Pumpkins

Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Halloween Pumpkins

Post by Prof. Salt »

After work I headed to familiar waters and hoped that the feeding activity chart was correct with a good feeding period before dark. Skies were overcast and winds weren't too bad but redfish movements were difficult to see against the chop. I paddled seven miles in my search, but managed to find a dozen schools or singles moving along shorelines. Half of the fish refused to even acknowledge my bait which was odd... but the others acted like redfish and cooperated somewhat. I ripped the bait out of the mouth of one fish that ate (those lower slot fish just don't suck a bait in with the force of the larger fish) and released three more lower slot fish, and eventually got the chance to keep a couple of nice ones over 26". It was well after dark when I finally got back to the truck, but it was a nice solo evening in the Nueces. The best part? I finished out October with just under 169 miles paddled on the kayak.

Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Halloween Pumpkins

Post by Dandydon »

Great Halloween fishing report, Professor! Beautiful Reds, nicely stacked.

Am amazed that you racked up 169 (!) kayak miles in October while I got zero...

Oh well, here comes my favorite fishing month, November.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

I'm with you Don, November usually provides good fishing and some still days. Now that summer is gone I'm looking forward to some days when I can swing a fly rod without the wind being a problem.
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

Good report Glenn.

Yes everything happens in Texas fall.