Buggs

Rob R

Buggs

Post by Rob R »

I'm a fan of Buggs lures especially since they are made in TX. Can't wait to try these out next summer.
Attachments
IMG_7320.jpg
SWFinatic

Re: Buggs

Post by SWFinatic »

I agree Buggs makes some really good lures. Looks like those would work year round if presented right.
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

I carry the Double Bunny Jig and Permital Bug; mostly throwing the Double Bunny sightcasting to redfish. Great lures.
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

double bunny makes a perfect killifish, as well

Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

About 4 years ago Shoffer and I attended the big Fishing Show at George Brown Convention Center. We found the BUGGS Lure booth, talked with the owner, and bought some of his best marsh lures. I liked the black ones.

They were expertly made with fine feathers, threads and hackles, but not cheap. Sad to report I never got a bite on my BUGGS, but know that Shoffer caught some slot Reds on his.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

SWFinatic

Post by SWFinatic »

What makes most of his redfish lures easy to fish with is the fine feathers and rabbit hair he uses which moves with the water. You can at times just leave it sitting on the bottom like live or dead bait or drag is on the bottom slowly and catch fish due to the movement of the hair and feathers as the water moves from current. Really good lure to use when slow presentation is needed.
TexasJim

Post by TexasJim »

Advice to the Buggs crowd: The rabbit skin that they use soaks up saltwater. After use in the briny, they need to be soaked in fresh water, or the hooks can rust completely away. I complained and they sent me four replacements for the cost of two. Good folks. TexasJim
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

Jim, that's probably the biggest advantage to traveling distance when you fish the coast.
When you get home after a few days or a week in the salt, Everything gets a bath. Boat inside and out.

Lure boxes get stacked up in the spare bathroom until they can get sorted and washed in the tub.
Rob R

Post by Rob R »

TexasJim wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:41 am Advice to the Buggs crowd: The rabbit skin that they use soaks up saltwater. After use in the briny, they need to be soaked in fresh water, or the hooks can rust completely away. I complained and they sent me four replacements for the cost of two. Good folks. TexasJim
That's a great idea. I always wash them off at the end of the day with tap water.