Sales Advice Needed

Ranch Hand
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Sales Advice Needed

Post by Ranch Hand »

I've been out of the kayak for a while and will be selling my Tarpon 140 w/rudder and Malibu Mini-X soon. My question is: All of the bungees are shot with age so is it worth it for me to spend the $30 on new bungee and the hassle of installing them? Or is current demand such that I can just sell as is and not hassle with it?
motoyak

Re: Sales Advice Needed

Post by motoyak »

Just post it for sale, new owner gonna mod it anyway. T140 worth 300-400, Mini worth 200-250 IMHO
TexasJim

Post by TexasJim »

If the T140 is '08 or earlier, it'll probably bring less than a '09 or later, with the tracks and better hatches. The front hatch on an '08 or earlier would probably be tired and a new one was over $50 years ago. Both are great yaks. I'd prefer the older one, as it's lighter, and I don't like tracks. But, I'm not the buyer you're looking for. Condition of the hull is the determinant. Bungees and handles are expendables. Good luck. Location would be helpful. TexasJim
txanalogkd

Post by txanalogkd »

Sell as is. If anything, purchase the bungee and let the buyer install it.
Ranch Hand
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Ranch Hand »

Thanks folks. I'm located just outside of Austin in Dripping Springs. I think I bought the T140 around 04 and hatch covers are still flexible and tight. No leaks. WS lists the latest T140 model for $1319 and rudder add on for an additional $369 for a total of $1,700. I need to figure out value on my full carbon ONNO paddle too. I think it weighs 23 oz. The guy was a custom maker who I don't think is in business anymore so it's a classic.
motoyak

Post by motoyak »

I had an Onno paddle till I lost it...grrrr! I doubt you can get near what you paid for the Onno as pedel boats are more in vogue and the newer wider kayaks require longer paddles.
Basing the price of a used T140 vs new is like apples to oranges. I posted values on what Ive seen both your kayaks selling for on Clist and Marketplace recently.
Best of luck on your upcoming selling adventure.