March, Under the Lights

EastTNFishn

March, Under the Lights

Post by EastTNFishn »

I am new to Texas coastal fishing and have researched this forum for a long time digging up past posts and info provided by others. Thank you all who have shared the videos and posts here at TKF!!!

From what i have gathered the night bite in the lights could explode at anytime in March? I havent seen many fish in the lights as of yet, I did see a few finally last weekend.... Not many.

I have noticed for the first time the bait swirling in the lights, and have caught fish under them which was awesome

I guess my question: is March the key month to stay out there and wait on an explosive move of fish in the lights? I want to be out there when it happens, and from what I have read suggests March

not looking for areas or ramps, there are so many places available around here.

Thanks,

EastTn
mwatson71

Re: March, Under the Lights

Post by mwatson71 »

I fish the lights year round and March is when things really start to turn on. If you want company, I’d be glad to show you around. Blake a/k/a Yakety Yak is also a solid night time yak fisher and enjoys going out with others.
EastTNFishn

Post by EastTNFishn »

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, Blake has been very helpful.

I may try to get out this week Thursday or Friday night
mwatson71

Post by mwatson71 »

EastTNFishn wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:31 am Thanks for the reply!

Yes, Blake has been very helpful.

I may try to get out this week Thursday or Friday night
Where are you thinking of going?
Kayak Kid
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Kayak Kid »

I fished the lights around Rockport for many years. Most of the specs are schoolies, but I used a 5wt fly rod which made the action more exciting. The occasional big trout even more so.