Quick morning trip

Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Quick morning trip

Post by Prof. Salt »

Other things were on the agenda for today, so there was only a small window to get in a few miles and catch fish. Last night the tide forecast showed low tide at around 11:15 this morning, so I went early and focused on drain mouths and channels connecting lakes to the bay. Visible fish were located hunting the edges as water poured out of the lakes and into the bay, the the trusty TRD craw on a light jig head worked like a charm.

This morning the kayak was on the water by 5:30 and the last fish came aboard by 7:40. On arrival back at the truck the GPS showed just over six miles paddled. Yep, that will do nicely!

Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Quick morning trip

Post by Dandydon »

You had a very productive 2 hours on the water, Professor. That limit of Redfish is beautiful and speaks for itself.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

CopanoCruisin
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by CopanoCruisin »

A very nice morning Trip. Couldn’t think of a better place to be! Just saying………cC
Kayak Kid
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Kayak Kid »

Having spent my share...,and then some...,on a plethora of fishing adventures throughout my lifetime, I have no regrets at having grown too freakin' old to pursue the activity, other than fly casting to bass and bluegills in the golf course ponds,

However, my abstention from the actual events makes the fishing trips that are shared on TKF a very enjoyable pass time. Your taking the time to post photos and dialogue is most appreciated.
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

Thanks KK, kind words and much appreciated.