Who wants a video?

Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Who wants a video?

Post by Prof. Salt »

I have been anticipating getting back offshore again all year. The early windows we sometimes get just did not materialize this year on days I could take advantage, but this small window of opportunity didn’t go unnoticed. I gathered the new kayak and gear, called Tod (he couldn’t get out of work) and headed for PINS. With all the recent rains, runoff has been mucking up water clarity but I was not going to lose the chance to at least get some open water miles in with the new kayak. While Jack Crevalle don’t offer the same kind of blistering runs as kingfish, they make up for it in punishing determination. I had figured jacks would be in the area, but didn’t expect them to be quite so big, but every jack that were landed wasl north of the 43” mark and took a while to bring to the kayak. One even bit my 4x treble in half. :D

http://youtu.be/jGQ63KLLaDc
[youtube]http://youtu.be/jGQ63KLLaDc[/youtube]
motoyak

Re: Who wants a video?

Post by motoyak »

Great vid Prof! Just got done watching Jimmy Houston show and I can't thank you enough for not laughing like a like girl and kissing your fish :lol:
A couple quick questions....after your hook up, are you anchored down or free drifting? Do you use a GPS and mark hook up locations?
Fishing vacariously while recovering, thank you for your efforts!
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

motoyak wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:13 am Great vid Prof! Just got done watching Jimmy Houston show and I can't thank you enough for not laughing like a like girl and kissing your fish :lol:
A couple quick questions....after your hook up, are you anchored down or free drifting? Do you use a GPS and mark hook up locations?
Fishing vacariously while recovering, thank you for your efforts!
Thanks, i don’t have any kind of anchor or electronics at this point. I just went from experience of where the bait schools usually hang near the rig and pulled lures around those areas. When I do use electronics they are mostly to help me find rocks or other hidden structures that attract fish, but this area has visible structure and makes it easy.
Yak Dog

Post by Yak Dog »

True pro. right there you handle your catch with ease and simplicity. Yes I prefer the free drift to anchor also when it comes to kayak fishing simplicity works best for me. I can remember seeing a guy out there loaded down with gear I mean four rods, tackle boxes, cooler, gaff and long anchor line plus ties for everything. It looked and worked like a major cluster…. Even fished with a guy 1 TIME that had his kayak completely loaded down for marsh fishing! I tell you this kayak was barley staying afloat. I don’t understand how some kayakers load so heavy everything gets much harder at that point. Long story short he ended up rolling his kayak in the ICW after a barge passed and lost just about all he had. Great set up you got thanks for posting.
Killerbee

Post by Killerbee »

Good to see you out there Prof! My time is coming!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

deptrai

Post by deptrai »

Thanks for sharing. Wish I was there!

Do you eat those? I have no experience with them, but thought they weren’t the best table fare.

Dave
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

deptrai wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:56 pm Thanks for sharing. Wish I was there!

Do you eat those? I have no experience with them, but thought they weren’t the best table fare.

Dave
You are correct that they aren’t good table fair, but the tiger sharks love them. I gave them to Roy’s as shark baits.