New lure is fire! ...and some other photos

Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

New lure is fire! ...and some other photos

Post by Prof. Salt »

This morning I foolishly braved the thunderstorms and paddled the Nueces. I dodged an early storm just before daylight that had an outflow boundry blowing 35+ with temps suddenly dropping into the 50s with heavy rain - It was cold! It cleared up I found fish and hammered quite a few using the Z-man Trick Shot in Goby Bryant color. This ugly little bait lands softly in the shallows and swims without any vibration to speak of, so it doesn't spook fish if it is retrieved slowly. It's really something special and fish attack it when they see it, even though the lure is pretty much the same color as the muddy bay water. Give these a shot next time you are chasing the really shallow reds and you might be surprised at how effective they are.

Oh, and Sunday after church services I hurried down to see if I could catch the Blue Angels show on the bay front. I got there just as their show began and even though it was really hazy I forged ahead with my long lens and took a few hundred shots, hoping that some would be salvageable with Photoshop and Lightroom software to help recover the good parts of whatever was captured. I'm glad I went, because some turned out to be more than okay!

mwatson71

Re: New lure is fire! ...and some other photos

Post by mwatson71 »

Great photos! Definitely more than okay!

And thanks for posting the report and the review of the new Z-man.
Kitsune

Re: New lure is fire! ...and some other photos

Post by Kitsune »

Congratulations on finding a great fishing location and a even better way to get them. Seems like the perfect kayak fishing location up there 👍