Rockport Night fishing report

wittich

Rockport Night fishing report

Post by wittich »

I got into Rockport around 8:30pm and noticed a couple big 20 inch trout in my green light on thursday. I hooked one on a clouser minnow but once that fish started fighting in the light it spooked the rest of them. I grabbed a flounder gig and stored it inside my kayak and grabbed my spincasting rod and a Noco Boost battery jumper. The noco has a powerful light & is much for more portable than my PVC flounder light.
Then I lowered the kayak into the water and started paddling.
I could see trout chasing baitfish in the lights and popping shrimp on the water surface. Most of the lights had trout in them.
I could usually get two fish to bite at each light, but as soon as a fish mades too much commotion the bite would shut down. Unfortunately a lot of people were in Rockport because of the Babes on a bay tournament, so several of the lights had crowds of people hanging out and drinking. I stopped at a shallow flat that looked like it would hold flounder, but all I saw was a stingray. The noco got the job done, and I was able to see the sea floor pretty well with the hand held light. I saw one light was filled with trout. I guess I was splashing around too much because the owner of the house looked out of window and then decided to turn the light off.
On my way back, I fished a broken down pier out in Copano bay and hooked a nice 20 inch flounder on a vudo shrimp.
wittich

Re: Rockport Night fishing report

Post by wittich »

night fish.jpg
wittich

Re: Rockport Night fishing report

Post by wittich »

Repost. sorry.